According to a recent news release, the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame, 111 E. First Street (Upper Level) in Tulsa, OK, announces the following March performances:
- Tonight at 7 p.m., celebrate Tavis Minner’s latest album release, titled UNITY. Mr. Minner, who wrote, arranged, recorded, and produced the entire album, will be performing live, with copies of this great CD available for purchase.
- On Sunday, March 4, as part of the jazz hall’s Spring Series, vocalist and songwriter Cindy Cain performs at 5 p.m. the genre-hopping musical smorgasbord she calls “Don’t Fence Me In.”
- “Tonight Show” superstar and Grammy-winning trumpeter Doc Severinsen will perform at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6.
- On Thursday, March 8, saxophonist Don Diego performs! An international performer, this crowd favorite will put on an energetic stage show with some blazing sax work.
- And at 8 p.m. on Friday, March 9, living legend Benny Golson comes to the Depot! Golson is the only living jazz artist to have written eight standards for jazz repertoire. His timeless tunes “Killer Joe,” “Whisper Not,” “Along Came Betty,” and “I Remember Clifford” have been recorded internationally and have become part of the Great American Songbook. During his career, Golson co-led theJazztet with Art Farmer, recorded the classic album Moanin’ with Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, and performed with musicians like Lionel Hampton, John Coltrane, and Red Garland.
For tickets, call Bettie Downing at (918) 281-8609 or purchase online at http://myticketoffice.com/events.asp?id=11&loc=254&utm_source=February+27%2C+2012&utm_campaign=Feb++29%2C+2012&utm_medium=email.